Since I became a vegetarian last year, I decided to transform my lifestyle not only internally but in reality as well. I have recently started purchasing purses that I know are good for the environment but also animal and cruelty free aka vegan. I want to make sure that the beauty products, home purchases and my fashion correlates with how I feel about the planet and animals. I am so glad that I came across a few stores after doing some intense research for vegan purses. I didn't even know vegan purses existed! I thought you could either get animal based purses or just plastic but was I wrong... There is something called vegan leather, cork, woven, etc that is used to create purses as well.
Two stores that I have recently purchased from before are Melie Bianco & Pixie Mood.
Melie Bianco is a store based in LA and had so many different options as far as purses go but I decided to purchase a purse called the Irene Black Bambo Crossbody that consisted of wood and luxury vegan leather. I literally had a cart full of bags because I couldn't decide. My purchase was said to arrive within 4-10 business days. But, I feel like it came fast to me personally. The purse is unbelievably beautiful and I love that I am able to feel like I can do something good for the planet and still look fashionable. The purse is a great size for an everyday purse and let me tell you this bag -- can actually be mistaken for leather. It looks like a leather purse but girlfriend it isn't! I will definitely be ordering in the future and have a closet full of these crossbody purses as time goes on.
***By the way, when you sign up with Melie Bianco as a member you get 50% off their purses forever or if you sign up as subscriber to their store they automatically send you a 50% off coupon. Its all your choice!
The second store that I purchased from was called Pixie Mood which is a store based in Canada and I purchased a pouch called the Nicole Small Pouch that consisted of cork and luxury vegan leather. The purchase arrived within 3 weeks because of the company having so many orders and a delay in shipping. The purse is very nice and I love that I am able to feel like I can run around with a small wristlet and still look fashionable. The store has a discount just by subscribing and that made me even more excited to get the purse! This wristlet was so needed because of how sometimes I don't want to always carry a purse if I am doing grocery shopping or traveling.
The options of colors and styles from these two stores makes me feel like I can transition without feeling that huge change of switching out from beauty and fashion that I see in everyday stores. I wanted to show my readers that just because you are changing a lifestyle you can still make purchases but just in alternative ways. I have a slight purse obsession lol and it was great to realize that I can find alternative purse stores that are vegan and cruelty free. These purchases were well worth it!
Here are a list of vegan/cruelty free stores I came across below (I'll be updating as I find more):
Pixie Mood: https://www.pixiemood.com/
Melie Bianco: https://www.meliebianco.com/
Deux Lux: https://deuxlux.com/
Marsi Bond: http://www.marsibond.com/
Urban Originals: https://uobags.com/
Urban Expressions: https://www.urbanexpressions.net/
The Lovely Things: https://www.thelovelythings.co.uk/
Nella Bella: https://nella-bella.com/
Jeane & Jax: https://jeaneandjax.com/
QOTD: What is one beauty or fashion product do you always have to have?
As of recently, I have been getting back into a beauty routine and I am so glad that I have! I have been learning about new ways to have healthier skin, vegan products and decrease the dryness of my hair. It is been refreshing to keep learning about cool beauty tips and telling my readers what I have learned. I hope that my beauty tips give you some insight on ways to make your day better and your beauty routines even more fun!
1. Coconut oil. Coconut oil. Coconut oil. It can be used for your hair, removing makeup, keeping your skin moisturized, teeth cleaning and so much more!
2. Use an ice cube on a pimple to reduce redness and swelling. Also, its best to let the pimple leave on its own so that you don't scar.
3. Make sure to not over use body wash or soap because the more you use the drier your skin.
4. Take off your makeup with vaseline and make sure to have at least one day a week without makeup to give your skin a breathing day.
5. Lemons can help with brightening up your skin.
6. Apply perfume to your inner wrist, behind the ear, base of throat, inside elbow, and behind your knee.
7. Aloe vera can help with dandruff but it can also help with frizzy hair, acne, dark circles, thicker eyebrows and razor burn.
8. Eating more fruits especially berries can help decrease the look of aging skin.
9. Over washing your hair can make your hair dry because it is constantly taking out nutrients in hair strands. So, choosing the right shampoo as well can make all the difference in the world. A sulfate-free shampoo is the way to go!
10. Change your nail file every month because you want to keep your nails as healthy as possible.
When I found out these last five.
11. Loofah's can be quite bad for you. They carry a lot of bacteria and when you use the loofah over and over again you end up putting the bacteria on to your skin.
12. Don't try to over do it with the mascara because it can constantly take over your eyelashes, and little bugs on your eyelashes can also cause them to fall out. Take over your makeup at night!
13. Strawberries can lighten your teeth, time to get more fruit into your diet.
14. Tea tree oil can be used a spot treatment for your face.
15. When you are looking for a red lipstick, then choose the specific red based off your undertone. If you have a warm undertone then use warmer reds and a cooler red for a cool undertone.
I had to narrow down my beauty tips but most likely I will be making more posts like this! There are so many cool tips for beauty hacks and making sure that you always have unique ways to handle your skin with makeup to taking care of your hair. I have been using some of these hacks already but also learned quite a few when researching for this post. I hope you all enjoyed and tell me some beauty hacks as well down below in the comments.
Etsy is my go to online platform that I basically buy everything from. I have gotten all types of items from cute shops from patches to my chicago skyline wall art. I have been apart of the Etsy community for several years and won't be leaving it until... never really. LOL. But, I wanted to show you all a piece of personalized tea towels that I purchased from a shop called PCB Home.
I purchased a few items from PCB Home because I have been slowly decorating my home with gorgeous decor. I came across this one shop on Etsy that had personalized home decor but also neutral pieces for anyone's home. They have been creating beautiful and meaningful pieces since 2012 and as you can tell by my photo of my personalized tea towel and gray accent tea towel they can add a special touch to your home as well. I also got a placemat with the letter H on it and another placemat that says home in calligraphy.
The material of each item is lovely and I was able to make my kitchen go from the normal style to another level because of the personalized items. Speaking of material... I washed my personalized towel and it did shrink along with the personalization fading. *ahem* It was my fault, I completely forgot that the material used is not preshrunk cotton. LOL. So, I recommend hand washing them, air drying, and then ironing them out. I used that method with my other products from the store and they turned out perfect! With this specific material it can be a chance that they shrink in the dryer because of the type of cotton that is used. The store is always giving sales which is a plus and they had great customer service. I plan on purchasing more in the future and making sure to hand wash or spot cleaning in the future! I just had to show you all one of my new pieces. So, go check them out and show me some of your new decor!
QOTD: What is one decor you always wanted in your home?
The Link To The Lovely Store: https://shoppcbhome.com/